Bac Lieu wind power plant generates 31 mln kWh for grid
A wind power plant in the Mekong Delta province of Bac Lieu contributed 31 million kWh of power to the national grid after one year of operation.
The installation of an additional 52 turbines in the project’s second phase, with a total investment of over 4.19 trillion VND (197 million USD), is being sped up. These facilities are expected to be put into operation by the end of 2015.
The wind plant, covering 500 hectares in coastal Vinh Trach Dong commune, Bac Lieu city, is funded by the Cong Ly Construction-Trading-Tourism company at a sum of over 5.2 trillion VND (244.4 million USD).
Once complete, the plant is expected to contribute 320 million kWh to the national grid every year
- Vietnam economy: Opportunities and Challenges
- 77 plants to join electricity market in 2015
- Vietnam delays first nuclear power project
- Over 1 trillion VND for power projects
- Power station inaugurated along Vietnam-Laos border
- EVNNPT: striving for a secure operation, faults limitation
- Surge of power plants to plug into Viet Nam market
- Largest power plant on track to boost national grid
- Hanoi\'s electricity network gets timely upgrade
- Vietnam – Japan: Research on project on lightning protection on 220 kV line